Privacy Notice (parents/carers)
Daisy and Jake have 6 Day Nurseries and Pre-Schools located across the Wirral in Arrowe Park, Irby, Spital, Moreton, Little Sutton and Prenton purpose-built and designed to offer the highest standard of childcare. All our settings are rated Good or Outstanding by OFSTED
In accordance with the GDPR Legislation, you have a legal right to be informed about how our Early Years settings uses any personal information that we hold about you and the children attending our settings. This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use this personal data and asks you for your consent to receive communications from us.
The personal data we hold
Personal data that we may collect, use, store and share (when appropriate) about children and their families includes, but is not restricted to the following:
- Personal information (such as name, date of birth, address)
- Contact details (home address, email address and telephone numbers)
- Characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth and special educational needs)
- Details of any medical conditions, including physical and mental health
- Details of any support received, including care packages, plans and support providers
- Medical, accident logs, home address and next of kin information for use with emergency services, statutory assessment services and social care.
- Emergency contact names and telephone numbers
- Attendance information (such as sessions attended, number of absences and absence reasons)
- CCTV images
- Bank Details that you provide us with to set up your standing order.
- Information about who has parental responsibility
- Assessment information (such as attainment and progress records across the Early Years Foundation Stage)
- Safeguarding information (detail of disclosures, outcomes of meetings, various plans and sensitive information regarding court proceedings, child protection plans and correspondence with outside agencies.)
- We may also hold data about you that we have received from other organisations, including other nurseries, external agencies such as speech and language or other professionals from the intervention team, local authorities and the Department for Education.
Why we collect and use this data
We use this data:
- To get in touch with you and your parents/family when we need to;
- To support your child’s learning;
- To monitor and report on your child’s progress;
- To provide appropriate pastoral care.
- To assess the quality of our services;
- To take payment for nursery provision
- To comply with the law regarding data sharing, safeguarding, the Children’s Act, crime prevention, health, safety and welfare any others;
- To comply with statutory requests for data from relevant authorities;
- To uphold and abide by standards as set out by Ofsted
- To comply with contractual obligations with our funders
Where there is no legal, business, public or health interest reasons to process your data, you must clearly give us consent to use it. We do this for the following:
- To assess entitlement to Pupil Premium Grant and inclusion funding
- To advertise our work on our social media and websites (e.g. photographs, quotes)
- To let you know about Daisy and Jake special offers, discounts and promotions (e.g. additional sessions, sibling discounts) by post, email, or phone.
Where we have your consent to use yours or your child’s personal data, this consent can be withdrawn at any time by getting in touch with us by email, phone or post directed to Daisy and Jake DPO Officer, Daisy and Jake Head Office, 349 Pensby Road, Heswall, Wirral CH60 4SH or via our website or by calling 0151 648 9131.
How we collect this information
Whilst the majority of pupil information you (or your family) provide to us must be collected for legal reasons at registration or for applications for funding, some of it is provided to us by you on a voluntary basis –In order to comply with the new data protection laws, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain information to us or if you have a choice in this.
How we store the data
We keep personal information about families while they are attending our setting. We may also keep it beyond their attendance at our nursery if this is necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations. We hold data for the length of time in accordance with our legal obligations. (Childcare Act 2006, Equality Act 2010, Statutory framework for early years foundation 2014 and the Local Authority (Duty to Secure Early Years Provision Free of Charge) regulations 2016.)
Who we share information with
We do not share personal information about you with anyone outside the Nursery without permission unless the law allows us to do so. In those instances, we may share personal information about you with:
- Your local authority
- Our Insurance company
- Your family and representatives
- Suppliers and service providers – to enable them to provide the service we have contracted them for e.g. statutory assessment services.
- Health and social welfare organisations
- Local Safeguarding Children’s Board
- Police forces, courts, tribunals
- Educators and examining bodies (this includes schools that children go to after leaving our nursery)
- Our regulator OFSTED
- The Department for Education (DfE).
Transferring data internationally
Where we need to transfer personal data to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, we will do so in accordance with data protection law.
Parents and carers rights to access personal data – Subject Access Requests
Parents have the right to request access to information about them and their children that we hold. This is called making a Subject Access Request. If you would like to make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your educational record, contact Marie Caton, Area Manager, Daisy and Jake Head Office, 349 Pensby Road, Heswall Wirral, CH61 9NL
In most cases, there is no charge for this and we will reply to any request within 1 month
If you make a subject access request, and we do hold information about you or your child, we will tell you:
- Who decides what is done with the data, their name and contact details
- Who to contact about data protection if different from the above
- Why we are processing it and why we think the processing is lawful
- The categories of personal data we process
- How long we will keep it for, or if we can’t, how we decide how long we keep it for;
- Who it is, or will be shared with; in particular when it’s shared with countries outside the European Economic Area or international companies, how your data is safeguarded
- Let you know whether any automated decision-making is being applied to the data, and any consequences of this
- Your Rights (see next section), including your Right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- Explain where we got it from, if not from you, and if this is the case, we’ll also tell you:
- The categories of personal data we process
- Whether we got it from a publicly available source
We’ll also give you a copy of the personal data that is being processed. If you request the information electronically, and don’t specify otherwise, we will provide the information in a commonly used electronic format. This copy of the data will observe the rights of data protection and privacy of other people.
Your Other Rights
Right to rectification: You have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data about you rectified or amended.
Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): you have the right to request that we erase your personal data without undue delay in the following instances:
- We don’t need to process it any longer
- You withdraw your consent and there is no other legal ground for us to process it
- You object to the processing and there are no other business reasons for us to process it
- We have processed the data unlawfully
- There is a legal obligation for it to be erased
- The data were collected for information society services
Where you’ve invoked this right, we’ll take reasonable steps to tell other processors of the data that you have requested.
The above rights do not apply if there is an overriding legal, freedom of information, public health, archiving, scientific, historical or public interest purpose for the processing.
Right to restriction of processing: you have the right to restrict the processing of your data where:
- You think the data is inaccurate
- You think we processed it unlawfully but you don’t want us to erase it
- Where we don’t need it but we have to keep it for legal reasons
- Where you think we’ve put the needs of our business before your own rights
Right to portability: you have the right to receive your personal data in a commonly used and open format, and the right to transmit the data to another organisation without hindrance from us.
Right to object and automated profiling: you have the right to object to profiling or if you think we have overridden your rights. You also have the right to object to direct marketing (though Daisy and Jake do not do this) and the right to object to automated decision making (e.g. when applying for loans online) and to have a person to intervene in the decision.
Rights are not absolute and exemptions can arise – for example in the interests of national security, defence, criminal investigations and protection of other people’s rights
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please do raise your concern with:
Marie Caton, Area Manager, Daisy and Jake Head Office, 349 Pensby Road, Heswall, CH60 4SH or email email@example.com
Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If new products or services come to our attention that we’d like to share with you, we’ll always seek your permission before sending you anything. We promise that we’ll never sell your data and we do not share it with marketing companies or use it for any other purpose not required by law.
You can withdraw your consent to any types, or even all communications from us at any time, emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to DPO, Daisy and Jake Head Office,349 Pensby, Road, Heswall, Wirral CH60 4SH. Please just tell us what you don’t want to get any more and we’ll take care of it.